First came The Gourmet Shop, an innovative food emporium, originally owned by Stanley & Coleman Pressman, that, for over 25 years earned a reputation as not only the Pikesville haven for hot new trends in specialty foods, but a business known for its old-fashioned, personalized customer service. Up next was Gourmet Again, created by Stanley and Coleman’s nephew Harold Hackerman with partner and Chef Barbara Collurafici, who reincarnated the neighborhood market back to its original location.
In 2013, Gourmet Again was purchased by Andy Hoffman, who worked at the store since 1996. He has held positions in every department of the store and was General Manager for 7 years giving him the experience necessary to one day own and operate the store. Working with Harold, in any and every capacity needed, Andy apprenticed and not only learned from his successor, but developed a passion for food and the food business.
To this day, even after a major expansion, Gourmet Again remains a hands-on, family business enhanced by Andy’s gift for flexibility and adaptability to meet the needs of our customers in terms of changing trends and the challenging economic environment.
In addition, Barbara’s son and General Manager Jerry Schlichting, Catering Genius Ann Brewington, Andy’s Mother Toby and Robin Powell manage an amazing staff, who will continue and strive to bring you the quality, value, and personal service that built Gourmet Again.
We Compete — We Invite You to Compare
Just because we’re called “Gourmet” some might conclude that our prices will be high. Nothing could be further from the truth. In many cases, at Gourmet Again you’ll pay chain store prices while receiving the value added of the very personal services you’ve come to expect from us.
Here are just a few:
- Call ahead, place an order, and be sure that it will be ready and waiting for you or delivered to your door.
- Let us know which shelf items and Prepared Foods you’d like – we’ll call you when we have it.
- The chef will be happy to cook according to your dietary needs.
- During Shiva, we contact the family in mourning, prepare appropriate meals, coordinate deliveries, provide menu suggestions, arrange for staffing if needed, and keep closely in touch to facilitate any requests.
- When someone you care about is housebound, recuperating, or mourning a loss, the most helpful gift is a dollar amount placed in a Gourmet Again special account. To access the money, all it takes is a phone call to order whatever is needed.